Companies can claim a tax credit from Revenue if undertaking R&D activities. A company has the decision to surrender all or part of this tax credit and therefore an employee of the company may be entitled to claim this credit if working in R&D activities.
Am I eligible?
To apply for this credit, you as an employee;
- Must never have been or are a director of the company or associate company
- Are not connected to a director of the company or associate company
- Do not have any material interest in the company or associate company
- Not connected to anyone who has a material interest in the company or associate company (i.e owns more than 5% share)
- You must have performed 50% of your duties in conception or creation of new knowledge, products, processes, methods or systems
- Your employer must be entitled to claim at least 50% of the cost of your wages as R&D expenditure
R&D Relief Limit
Income tax payable in the year of claiming must be at least 23%. See our example below;
If the full credit amount is not used in 1 year, it can be carried forward to reduce further years.
🤔 Have a query on this or need to include in your tax return, contact us today to discuss on 01 5397999
👀 While you are here catch up on the Latest News on our website